The program's distance education format enables institutions to support their professional employees without the employee losing valuable time away from the job. By providing educational opportunities and supporting employees' continued job growth, institutions are likely to retain their best personnel. In addition, by investing in enhancing employees' skills, the institution stands to gain through improved job performance. Most institutions have a tuition reimbursement plan.
- Increase your career opportunities and earn a higher income.
- Study in the comfort of your home or office.
- Continue your career while you earn your degree.
- Receive personal guidance from teaching and advising faculty who work directly with you. The specialization course track (year 2 of the program) is designed to fit the specific interests and expertise of each student.
- Earn an accredited degree within two years.
- Use multimedia state-of-the-art learning resources including the Internet, World Wide Web (WWW), and Blackboard.
- Work with knowledgeable academicians and distinguished practicing professionals who are experts in their fields.
- Interact with a wide variety of other professionals interested in the same training, and who bring their own unique life-experiences to the learning environment.
- Receive immediate impact of newly acquired knowledge and skills that improves your ability to perform and interpret clinical vision research.
- Provides an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues worldwide.
- One of the most attractive features of the Master of Science in Clinical Vision Research program is that it benefits both the students and their employers.
For more information on the benefits of careers in academic research in optometry, please watch the following video.